After listening to my coworker go on about appropriate PGA golf attire, I freaked for a second, because I had no idea what to wear! Our company has an annual golf fundraiser every year, and it was my first time going this year. And after spending hours on the course, I’ve come up with some pretty good tips!
- Wear a hat- you don’t want your scalp to get sunburned, and it also keeps the sun out of your face!
- Wear sunscreen- I wear sunscreen religiously, and this should be an obvious one! Protect your skin.
- Wear comfortable footwear- Although my green Charming Charlie flats would have been cute, it is much more functional to wear some gym shoes! Also, the course you’re going to might have specific footwear requirements, so be sure to check beforehand!
- Wear appropriate bottoms- Golf is a sport, which some people may forget. Wearing hot pants is not functional! It’ll make it more difficult to move, and quite honestly depending on the course, it might be straight up inappropriate attire!
- Carry water- Especially in the hot, humid air, it’s always important to stay hydrated!
- Bring a bug repellent bracelet- Living in Chicago, I always forget that mosquitoes and hornets exist…and I got bitten during the event! Be prepared.
I think the biggest surprise to me was how hot it was, even though I spent most of the time in the passenger seat of a golf cart, it is definitely hot out on the course! It was a great experience, and I’m glad I got to go this year.