I always have tons of leftovers in my fridge, from varying sources and places. This week I had leftover Cheetos-infused chicken, leftover baked potato cheese, leftover mushrooms (from a mushroom tempura experiment), and kale (there is always kale in the fridge in my apartment).
And after accidentally buying pizza crust instead of cinnamon rolls the other day, my roommate and I decided to spontaneously make pizza for dinner last night. And upon doing this, we quickly realized that we had discovered the very best way to use our leftovers.
You will need:
- Pizza crust (we used the Pillsbury crust)
- Sauce of your choice (we used alfredo sauce… yum!)
- Leftovers (cheetos chicken, kale, mushrooms, cheese)
- Seasonings of choice (I just added pepper and paprika to my side)
Here’s how we did it-
- Preheated oven to 450 degrees.
- Placed foil on our biggest baking sheet, and buttered the heck out of it.
- Rolled the crust out on the sheet and spread it out so it fit the sheet.
- Placed alfredo sauce on top, spread out evenly.
- Put toppings on the pizza crust and sauce.
- Put cheese on top.
- Baked until cheese was melted and crust was brown!
I think that this is definitely an easy, lazy meal and a great way to use leftovers! You can vary up the sauce and toppings with whatever you have on hand, and have a hot, simple, easy meal in under twenty minutes!