My favorite is the Tazo Zen tea, but I don’t have five minutes in the morning to brew the hot tea. And also–I prefer iced tea!
Any shortcuts that allow you to get an extra five minutes of sleep is a great one, right? (I mean today, I made the choice of an extra fifteen minutes of sleep rather than being pretty, so I didn’t do my makeup this morning!)
There’s different benefits to cold brewing tea, and different methods. I’m not a nutritionist or a healthcare professional so I’m going to steer clear of giving you health advice.
I’m just going to say that this is a timesaver, and a tea drinking game changer. Because I can literally wake up, get ready, grab my travel mug and be out the door! I find that cold brewed tea tastes smoother and less plucky that brewed tea, I happen to like that.
Anyways, this is how you do it-
You will need:
- Tea bags
- A container with a lid (mason jar, travel mug, etc)
- Put cold or room temp water (yes COLD) in your container.
- Add tea bag(s).
- Place lid on top–make sure it’s secure!
- Place in fridge overnight.
- Grab tea in the morning when dying from lack of sleep, and head out the door!
See? Easy tea-sy! (Sorry I had to!)