This no boil ultra cheesy and ultra creamy mac and cheese is definitely foolproof, and also super delicious! I’m not the usual type of person that likes a classic/custard/Southern style mac & cheese, but this one is just too yummy to pass up!
It’s no boil, no fuss, and an easy dish to whip up! It takes an hour total to cook, but it’s one of those dishes that you can let bake in the oven while you go do your thing.
My roommate and I watched John Tucker Must Die, which is also a classic!
You will need:
- Butter (just a bit to butter the pan!)
- 16 oz cottage cheese (not lowfat)
- 2 cups milk (not skim… I used buttermilk in this case)
- 2 eggs
- Black pepper
- 16 oz of shredded cheese (I like cheddar)
- ½ pound/8 oz elbow macaroni
How to do it:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix cottage cheese with two eggs until evenly incorporated. Add paprika, cayenne, salt, pepper.
- Add two cups of milk into this mixture, then mix.
- Add macaroni and 8 oz of cheese, and then mix until evenly coated. The mixture will be liquidy, but don’t worry!
- Butter a 9 x 13 pan, and then pour your macaroni mixture in. Cover TIGHTLY with aluminum foil and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove foil, and stir 4 oz (half a bag) into the mac and cheese! Cover the rest of the pan with the leftover cheese, then bake for 30 minutes.
- Mac and cheese will be HOT right out of the oven… let cool for a bit and then serve!
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe, be sure to tell me if you test it out! I think it’d taste super good with broccoli or kale as well!