One thing that Bernie has yet to stop talking about is my spinach dip pasta.
I’ve realized that if you feed a guy once, they will never forget what you fed them….even when you’re friends many years later.
When we first started going on dates my sophomore year of college I remember after a very eventful movie date (this was the first time we hugged!), he asked me to meet him at the Dunkin Donuts on campus the next day. He then proceeded to tell me, in public, in the middle of our campus Dunkin Donuts that he didn’t have romantic feelings for me, but begged to remain friends (I could have killed him and thrown my donut in his face). He liked me, but for whatever reason, that was how he chose to handle things (maybe someday I’ll tell you guys the whole crazy story, but I think Bernie would kill me from embrassment). I remember being SO upset because had taken me on dates (AND PAID), and we had been talking and flirting and whatnot, and out no where he claimed he was indifferent about me!
Anyways, later that night I made spinach dip pasta and I had texted him a picture of it. Somehow, in my nineteen year old brain I thought that would make him super jealous.
It actually did, because he kept asking me questions about the freaking pasta! He never forgot about it, to the point when I made my buffalo chicken pasta (another recipe for another time…), he would still mention the spinach dip pasta!
Fast forward to like, two weeks later when he stopped being a little dummy and he was my boyfriend. I decided, of course, to make the spinach dip pasta that he never shut up about, and because I was so nervous….I had forgotten to season my spinach dip pasta.
He still loved it. I remember that I gave him tupperware of the pasta, my chicken pot pie (recipe on that later too!), and he was super salty when his roommates ate all of his pasta.
And even though I made it for him countless times after, that first time was always his favorite.
And now, years later, as friends, he still asks about this damn pasta. Even though I’ve added more complicated, unique recipes to my arsenal.
This spinach dip pasta is RIDICULOUSLY easy to make, and super delicious!
Trust me, if a newly nineteen Chrissey can make it, so can you.
You will need:
- Butter (just a bit to butter the pan!)
- 8 oz cream cheese (one package)
- 1/2 container sour cream, 8 oz
- 1 package of Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Dry Mix
- 1 package of mozzarella cheese (I only use like two cups, to be honest…)
- 1 box of pasta
- Spinach- cooked. You can use frozen, just make sure that it’s drained and all the water is removed!
- SEASONINGS. Do not forget. Even if you are nervous that you’re cooking for your new boyfriend for the first time. Salt, pepper, cayenne.
How to do it:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Boil pasta until al dente. Drain.
- In a BIG bowl, soften cream cheese and then mix in sour cream. Add in whole package of dressing dry mix, and seasonings. Salt, pepper, cayenne to taste.
- Add in spinach to the cream cheese-sour cream mixture, stir to evenly distribute.
- Mix with pasta, make sure everything is evenly mixed!
- Butter a 9 x 13 pan, and then add pasta into the pan. Add shredded mozzarella on top (as much as you want!).
- Bake until cheese is melted and delicious. I like it to be slightly browned.
What’s your favorite pasta recipe?
PS- Jojo, if you’re reading this, I promise that I’ll make this pasta this week!