Something that always reminds me of the holidays is bark. Chocolate bark. There’s just that special something.
So, after cooking a very special dinner with my friends, I decided to whip up some smores bark–the creamy chocolate, the soft but melty and toasty marshmallows, and the crunchy sweet graham crackers… this combination is a classic, but this bark is a nice twist on classic smores!
I was actually in Jewel when I asked Max what kind of bark sounded better–the mint bark or the smores bark. He chose mint, but… I wanted smores so that’s what I ended up making!
As I made the bark, Ashley randomly told us that she has this genius idea for us all to open up a cupcakery. We each have a role, and besides being a baker, Ashley says that I’m a key player because I’m the “television face.”
She says that I have the look, and charisma for talking on the television and media–she said that if we went on Cupcake Wars she would freeze and that I would be able to describe and really sell the cupcake! Plus you know, the whole blogger and food photography thing… and she says I’m an all in one because of my background in development and social media. I’ll be sure to tell you guys if this crazy plan happens! Of course.
Anyways, Ashley and Jojo and I loved the bark and I decided to be extra nice and pack some up for Max and Bernie! And Stephon too!
Alright, here’s how to make it!
You will need:
- One big bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips (2x the small bag!)
- One bag of milk chocolate chips (minis are cute too!)
- One bag of marshmallows (you won’t use all of them! Unless you live with Jojo and she eats some as you make the smores bark!)
- A sleeve of graham crackers
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees, make sure it isn’t too hot or else your chocolate will BURN.
- Line your pan with parchment paper, and spread your big bag of chocolate chips in a single layer.
- Bake for 2-5 minutes until the top of your chocolate chips are GLOSSY GLOSSY, they will not be liquid… they retain their shape.
- Crush a sleeve of graham crackers.
- Remove from oven and spread out the chocolate until a smooth, single layer.
- Add the smaller chocolate chips, to your taste! I used the whole bags
- Add your crushed graham cracker chunks.
- Add marshmallows (that Jojo has not snuck) to the top. Press them down a bit on the bark!
- Let the bark HARDEN and cool. Then break off chunks!
Note- do not try to be cool and dramatic and drop the bark on your kitchen table so it breaks.
Crumbs will get everywhere.
I hope you guys enjoyed this recipe and be sure to tell me if you give it a try! What’s your favorite holiday-ish treat?
Do you have a favorite type of bark?