This has been soooo requested, after posting the first part of the guide…I have the second! I filmed and wrote out a tutorial on how I do my makeup, and what products I use! I pretty much do the same eyeshadow look, so…
THE VIDEO TUTORIAL:
THE WRITTEN PROCEDURE:
- I start with a clean, washed, face and clean hands. I’m going to be using my hands to apply a few products, so there’s that!
- I always clip my hair back. If it’s out of your face, then you don’t have to worry about it getting in the way.
- I apply my COTZ Natural Skin Tone all over my face with my hands. I kind of dot it out and then blend it out.
- I then apply my Neutrogena ® Skin Clearing Complexion Perfector using my Urban Decay optical blurring brush. I basically dot it on first, and then blend it out with the brush!
- Next is eyeshadow primer. I use NYX Proof It Eyeshadow Primer, and I apply it on both eyelids, extending it up on the browbone. It’s so important to use eyeshadow primer because it makes your eye makeup bulletproof. Plus, it provides a smooth base that your shadows can adhere to, making them a lot more pigmented!
- Next is eyeshadow, I use my Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette. I’ve said it ten million times before, but it is the best investment makeup-wise, that I have made.
- First, I apply Bootycall all over my lid. This is my lightest lid color, and it’s always best to start with the lightest color and then contour and accent with your darker colors. I always work lightest shadow, to darkest. I use my H&M eyeshadow brush.
- OH, and as for your brush…use a flat fluffy one with a slight point/taper. This is so we can use it for my super lazy blending technique that makes eye shadow look good, even though we put in no effort
- Now, dip your brush into Chopper, and start blending it into your crease 2/3 of the way, using a back and forth motion. Your brush should be laying horizontal.
- Okay, once that’s pretty blended out, grab your brush and pick up a tiny bit of YDK. I don’t find it necessary to use ten million brushes, when I can just do this lazy blending technique with my one.
- Next is eyeliner. I always switch it up because I get styes from liners easily, but the Eyeko Fat Liquid Eyeliner is awesome. It stays on my lids forever.
- I have a special trick for eyeliner too, and this was how I taught Jojo to do eyeliner.
- Make little dashes on your lashline.
- Then connect the dashes together.
- You now have perfect eyeliner.
- For brows, it’s a little hard for me to explain. I use the NYX Microbrow Pencil in Chocolate (Brown) and just lightly fill in my brows. I like the precise tip, because it gives my brows a more natural look!
- I then run the Essence Make Me Brow Eyebrow Gel Mascara through my brows, to set my brows. This is a really great product for only $3!
- Now it’s time for a subtle highlight. I love the Benefit Cosmetics Watt’s Up! Highlighter because when blended out it gives you such a subtle glow!
- I apply it on my cheekbones, nose, and under brow.
- And I blend it out with my fingers!
- Next is blush. I use a liquid blush stain, Lovatics Lip & Cheek Tint, because it is long-lasting! I dot it on my cheeks, kind of.
- And of course, I blend it out with my fingers.
- I don’t really do a crazy contour, but I do like to use a teeny bit of bronzer for some warmth. I swirl the same Urban Decay brush in Physician’s Formula Butter® Bronzer in Light, and then apply it under my cheekbones. (I suck my face in and blend it in the hollows!) It just provides a subtle contour/warmth.
- Next, I swirl my finger in my Colourpop Super Shock Cheek (The Hello Kitty Collection one), it’s a subtle light golden highlighter. I just apply this on my cheekbones to really give it that pop!
- And then, I apply lipstick. This one is my favorite lipstick, Tom Ford’s Lips & Boys Lip Color in Richard. It’s my perfect “my lips but better” shade.