One of my favorite bloggers, Jenny, did a sweet but simple post listing out ten weird quirks about her. So, seeing as it was such a fun way to learn some interesting things about her…I decided to do it too!
- I’m actually lactose intolerant. Really lactose intolerant…but I cheat anyways. I just can’t help it! I hate milk, and I’m not a huge yogurt person, but there’s something about cheese that I cannot resist. I actually was vegan for about two to three months my sophomore year of college, and one time Bernie came back to see me sitting on his bed scrolling through pictures of cheese on Google Images, with Bruno Mars’ Just The Way You Are playing in the background. The weird thing is, I’m not like craaaazzzy about these where super cheesy foods are my favorites, but I like a small amount of really good cheese (like Whole Foods cheese!)…or cheese fries!
- I have to secure my hair with the same hair clip every morning when I do my makeup. It’s such a small thing, but it is so crucial to my makeup routine, and I do not know why. It has to be that exact hair clip, and I cannot do my makeup if I don’t have it! Even when I do my makeup on the bus or in a Lyft or Uber!
- I don’t eat carbs, except for small amounts of rice or pasta in moderation. I rarely eat bread, and sometimes I wonder how I’ve gotten to this point in my life because bread is freaking delicious, but I just don’t eat bread! I don’t even like sandwiches that much. But when I’m stressed, I crave the hell out of bread. Not whole wheat bread even (since I’m healthyish), but a baguette! To the point where I could eat an entire loaf with butter slathered all over it.
- After wearing my socks, or putting out clean socks for the next day, I always put them in the same pair of shoes. Even when I’m not going to wear those shoes! I always put my socks in my hunter green suede booties. And I always put the left on my left foot, and the right on my right foot. Always.
- I’m weird about leftovers. I save even the smallest amount, even the tiniest amount! My fridge is stacked full of leftovers.
- I hang my matching scarf with the corresponding jacket in the hallway closet. So the scarf I use for fall is hanging with my fall jacket, and my winter scarf is hanging with my winter coat.
- I am terrified of rats and mice. Even seeing them scurry across the street or in the distance, terrifies me. My friend Julio used to have rats run across the courtyard of his residence hall and even if I was like twenty feet away, I would still scream a little. When I was a little girl, a small mouse got into my bed ONCE, and crawled at the foot of my bed. It did not touch me, but I SCREAMED and refused to sleep in my bed for months afterwards.
- I love Taco Bell. Everyone laughs because they consider it to be super gross and unhealthy, and the girl who doesn’t eat carbs and eats (pretty) healthy absolutely adoresssss Taco Bell. I’ve loved it ever since I was a little girl and my dad would pick me up from school, and I would always get two plain spicy shredded chicken crunchy tacos, and fiesta potatoes. My adult version of my little Chrissey meal is two shredded chicken mini quesadillas and a spicy tostada.
- Sometimes I have internal monologues. Like in The Mindy Project. I’ll just be walking down the aisles of Target, and I’ll be like contemplating life or talking about nonsense, just like Mindy Lahiri on the show!
- I love pugs, and they are the best dogs….I’m absolutely obsessed. I want a pug, and I’m one hundred percent going to have one someday. They are the absolute cutest and like little furry grandpas!
What are ten weird things about you?