One of my favorite bloggers, Paige, nominated me for the Liebster Award! I consider this to be such a great honor, especially since she is absolutely one of my favorite bloggers and produces such wonderful content. If you are not following her already, you definitely have to! She blogs about a broad variety of different interests, but is excellent at writing about each of the different topics that she covers. That can be a little tricky to do, but she does it so effortlessly! Paige is a wonderful writer, you definitely have to go head over to Currently, Lately.
(And she was so kind and patient about me being a teensy bit late with her thank you!)
• Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you.
• Answer the 11 questions that the blogger gave to you.
• Nominate at least 5, but no more than 11 bloggers who you think deserve the award.
• Tell those bloggers you nominated them!
• Create 11 original questions for the next nominees to answer.
What inspired the name of your blog?
I am very sassy, I have all of the sass, and I give all of the sass. I’m notorious for not being short when it comes to sass. So, The Unabridged Sass! I thought it was a cute and plucky name, and it made me laugh…so it stuck!
What is your favorite thing about blogging?
I think it absolutely has to be the wonderful community and all of the amazing people that you meet. I love being able to share ideas and thoughts, and to converse with people who live in different places and spaces!
Who is your biggest inspiration?
Mindy Kaling. One of the ways she inspires me is that she never stopped being herself. She is always genuine, and she absolutely keeps it real. I remember reading her first book, and feeling like I was having a conversation with a (hilarious and insightful) close friend! And that kind of feeling is what I want people to have when they read The Unabridged Sass.
She’s sassy, smart, and successful.
What’s something you couldn’t live without?
My loved ones!
If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why?
Telekinesis! I was going to originally say the ability to fly, because Chicago CTA stinks and Lyfts and Ubers can be sketchy, but if I have telekinesis I can use my brain to move whatever object I’m sitting on to transport myself…and I would never have to balance my purse, phone, coffee, and five hundred things again!
Plus, telekinesis is cool!
What’s the longest you’ve ever gone without sleeping?
I pulled ONE all nighter during college, and it was the worst.
If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
What’s your favorite book?
The Great Gatsby
What’s your biggest goal in life?
To be happy and passionate in the career that I have, and the family I belong to.
Where do you see your blog one year from now?
I see myself still writing about the same things and passions that I have, but possibly in a new location that my career takes me to, and maybe about a few more scientific things once in a while.
What’s your biggest pet peeve?
People who walk slow. I’m pretty sure it’s a Chicago thing!
- If you were to write a book, what would the title of it be?
- Who is your blogger inspiration?
- If you were to blog about anything (besides the topic that you currently blog about), what would it be?
- If you had to rename your blog, what would it be called?
- What is your least favorite food?
- What is the coolest place that you have ever traveled?
- What blog do you think deserves more recognition than it currently has?
- What is your favorite movie?
- What is your dream career?
- How different do you think your life would be if you never started blogging?
- What is your favorite animal?
Thanks again, Paige!!!