Ashley and I are cupcake connoisseurs. We once went on our own cupcake crawl and tried every cupcake in Chicago–and determined the worst and best in Chicago. (PS- we decided that Molly’s has the best! And the worst were Twisted Baker and Cupcake Counter. Sugar Bliss was bad too, “That place is the pits. Dry as fuck, had no flavor, and it looked like a shit with a cough drop on it.” That’s what Ashley said, just now).
Anyways, we decided to go on another cupcake adventure, and we decided to figure out who had the best smores cupcakes!
Yes, this stuff kinda just happens in the lives of Chrissey and Ashley.
- Basic vanilla cake with Chicago buttercream, chocolate drizzle and marshmallow and graham cracker top.
- Dry cake
- Grainy buttercream
- Stale marshmallows
- Graham cracker stale
- Dry, hard, frozen
- A chocolate cake with graham cracker crust bottom, thick chocolate ganache filling and marshmallow top.
- Graham cracker crust tasted burnt, salty, strange, and peanut buttery. I ended scraping this off
- Burnt cupcake cake–tasted burnt and has a terrible aftertaste.
- “It tasted like somebody’s cookies that set the entire house on fire,” that’s what Ashley said about the graham cracker crust.
- Marshmallow topping was literally liquid and slid everywhere.
- Mystery cake (we literally think it tastes just like salty wheat bread), chocolate pudding inside, and marshmallow topping.
- Smallest cupcake of the batch
- We were pretty sure this one was the best before even trying. We were wrong.
- Marshmallow is actually intact and actually marshmallow! A little gummy.
- Cake is weird and salty, very grainy.
- We deduced that the cake tastes like whole wheat bread. It was not good. This cake is literally savory.
- Chocolate inside is literally jello chocolate pudding.
WINNER: Nobody. These were all gross.
Where is your favorite cupcake place?