I admittedly am super bad at writing about me. Myspace, OKCupid, and every other instance when I’ve had to write about me…I haven’t been great at it. I could yammer on about lipsticks and social media, delicious food or Kate Spade purses, but when it comes to talking about me…not so much.
But I have been seeing so many new names and faces around here, and I have loved every opportunity that I’ve had to talk to some of you. So, it made sense to me to re-introduce myself, since I have some new followers! I have not done designated a specific post to introducing myself since I’ve started blogging in August…so, here goes.
I’ll tell you all some facts about me. I’ll do twenty five.
- People say that I look like Vanessa from The Little Mermaid. I’ve decided to take it as a compliment! I’ve been told that I just look intimidating, like a Disney villainess.
- I am… unabashedly candid, ridiculously sassy, fiercely independent. You know, the usual.
- If I were to pick three TV characters that would describe me, it would be Robin Scherbatsky from How I Met Your Mother, Monica Geller from Friends, and Dr. Mindy Lahiri from The Mindy Project.
- My “alter ego” would be a bad ass, leather jacket wearing publicist for rappers that lives in LA and drinks scotch neat. Maybe I’ll write a fictional short story. Maybe.
- My favorite movie is Clueless. I dream of owning a Cher-like plaid blazer and skirt set, but in like green or something.
- To this day I cannot remember why I chose the name The Unabridged Sass. I really wish I could.
- I whole-heartedly prefer brunch over breakfast. I typically don’t get hungry enough to have breakfast and I prefer brunch foods! The best brunch I have ever had is from Batter and Berries.
- My body is more chest-heavy even though I’m petite. My tops are always too loose around the waist area!
- My favorite song is Midnight City by M83.
- I have the biggest crush on Childish Gambino. He’s the perfect mix of nerdy, funny, intelligent, and sexy. I’ve had a super crush on him since I was a junior in high school!
- My first high-end makeup purchase was the Naked 2 Palette by Urban Decay. I researched and obsessed about it for months until I purchased it.
- The most useful class that I took in college was a Communications course. It helped me get over my fear of public speaking and made me become a more confident, assertive, and better speaker. Maybe too assertive, some may argue.
- The best date I have ever been on was when we got beers and grilled cheese at a cool bar (talked and chatted), drove around Chicago late at night listening to The Weeknd and Childish Gambino and talking for hours, went to the top of a parking garage for the best view of the city, and then watched The Princess Bride. It was a super long, but super fun date.
- My drink of choice is beer. My favorites are Stella, Ruby Redbird, and few others.
- My mixed drink of choice is a “Stephon Sunrise.” Malibu mixed with pineapple juice. I love mojitos too.
- I am the Monica of my friend group. I cook and everyone shows up at my apartment to talk and hang out. I’m also kind of a control freak when it comes to cooking.
- I love Kate Spade handbags. I really love Chloé handbags but I don’t think I’d every actually purchase one!
- I don’t have a favorite makeup brand, I love far too many and like using a mix of different brands. But if I could only use one high-end brand for the rest of my life it would be Urban Decay. For drugstore it would be L’Oréal.
- I am obsessed with social media! I will interact with you on Snapchat, Facebook, or Twitter! I love giving recommendations so don’t ever be afraid to ask!
- If I could have any designer design clothes for me or style me, it would be Salvador Perez, the head designer and costumist for The Mindy Project.
- My favorite cupcake is the creme brûlée cupcake from Molly’s Cupcakes, it has a creme brûlée filling and the top of the cupcake has a delicious caramelized sugar top with fresh sugar glazed berries. It’s my all-time favorite. Number two is the red velvet cupcake from Sprinkles.
- I am obsessed with quotes! I pin so many on my Pinterest board.
- My dream city to live in would be San Francisco. But it’s sooo expensive! Maybe someday.
- I have super vivid dreams and remember them detail by detail, almost perfectly.
- My favorite color is green!
Alright, those are my twenty five facts! Thanks to all of you who are following, commenting, or even just checking out posts! I love interacting with each and every one of you, and feel so lucky to be able to see new names and faces around here! I appreciate each and every one of you, and look forward to sharing new posts with you all in the future!
What’s a cool fact about you? Or maybe even a few?