I was sitting on my flight last night, sipping my new favorite drink (a club soda with vodka) and instantly remembered back when I willlingly drank Bacardi and sprite or mystery punch. I’m at this strange spot in my life, post-graduation, where I’m kind of an adult… and also kind of not.
So, that’s how this list was made.
- You start agreeing with parents in Disney movies. Man, oh man. King Triton does have a point, Ariel barely knows this guy… and she wants to give up her mermaid abilities?
- You listen to NPR, watch the news for enjoyment, or get your news from a source besides Buzzfeed, Gawker, or Twitter.
- You start drinking vodka and club soda instead of fruity cocktails or college drinks.
- You pay extra for the avocado.
- You start buying clothing that you consider investments, rather than dresses that you’ll wear to the Theta Xi party once and throw in the back of your closet.
- Music in Forever 21, H&M, and all the trendy stores either confuse, annoy, or give you a headache.
- You enjoy going to TJ Maxx and looking at home goods.
- You would rather stay in by yourself and watch Netflix or Hulu rather than go out.
- People stop carding you when you purchase alcohols
- Thirteen year old girls call you ma’am.
- Buying alcohol stops seeming fun.
- Your friends are getting married and getting engaged while you can’t even commit to a lipstick.
- You hate something that you absolutely adored during undergrad (My thing is neon lipsticks and PBR. Both are gross).
- You start worrying about what you’re going to do about health insurance.
- You stop drinking on weeknights.
- You buy a pricier skincare/makeup/beauty item without thinking twice.
- You willingly eat salads and healthier foods.
- When someone mentions a trending musical artist or band you ask “what’s that?”
- Same with a slang phrase.
- You actually wait for the crosswalk to say you can cross the street.
- You do your own taxes.
What’s a sign that you’re kind of an adult?