I’ve talked before about how I’m not a huge bread person. I’ll crave it when I’m stressed, but that’s really about it. And I never eat sliced bread, but rather baguettes, rolls, and biscuits. But that’s just in small amounts on certain occasions!
I hate sandwiches and seldom eat them, as I’ll prefer lettuce wraps or eating things on a tortilla or paratha. I know, weird right? Pasta is my carb of choice.
I love chicken salad though, same with tuna. I usually eat both with crackers, because of my whole low-bread consumption thing.
I was reading Hungry Girl and she shared a buffalo chicken salad served with celery, using the celery to “scoop” the salad. I tried it with my tuna salad once, and I fell in love.
The celery is crisp, fresh, and super crunchy and tastes delicious paired with the creaminess of the mayo and the fat in the tuna! It definitely feels a lot healthier than a bunch of bread or crackers, as well.
I’ve tried this with egg salad, pico de gallo…
And so, I have a few salad ideas (even for you vegans like Lolo!)
A few salad ideas:
- Chopped up chicken, sriracha, mayo, tiny bit of celery
- Chopped up chicken, curry powder, almonds, mayo
- Chopped chicken, olive oil, tomato, basil
- Cooked ground beef, cooked diced potato, taco seasoning
- Cucumbers, dill, salt, Greek yogurt
- Vegan: Mashed chickpeas, chopped up kale, olive oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper
- Vegan: Tomatoes, basil, olive oil, salt and pepper
- Vegan: Chopped up cooked butternut squash, cranberries, almonds, a tiny bit of maple syrup, salt and pepper
- Vegan: Potatoes, dill, olive oil, salt and pepper
- Vegan: Diced avocado, chopped kale, diced tomato, diced cucumber, olive oil and salt and pepper
You can also be lowkey lazy and pick some up from Whole Foods, which I have done before. I love their quinoa salad, tabbouleh, and chicken salad!
It definitely is a fun little tip to try out, and makes things a tiny bit healthier! Personally, I love how the celery gives things a crisp and crunchy taste.
What’s your favorite salad?