Hey guys, I know this is going to be a double post today, as I shared that little salad scooping trick earlier with you all. But as I’ve been in Dallas, I was nominated for a few blog awards this week (I was lucky to find out that I was nominated for TWO in one day!). The Unabridged Sass is growing and growing, and I know that I say this a lot but I’m so grateful for each and every one of you (I am still in shock that it’s over a thousand!) and that I have the opportunity to blog.
I was nominated by Valerie of Avec Valerie for the One Lovely Blog Award this week as well, but I recently did a post not too long ago, and since I’m doing multiple awards posts I didn’t want to be too repetitive. But I genuinely appreciate the nomination from Valerie, and am so thankful that she thought of my blog! You definitely have to check her blog out!
As for the Versatile Blogger award, I was nominated by Rach of Rachael Louise Beauty and Peri from PS It’s Peri. Rachel runs a wonderful beauty blog and posts the most absolutely unique and beautiful makeup tutorials! Her beauty blog is diverse with tutorials, reviews, thoughts, and her unique perspective. Peri, on the other hand pens wonderful posts about living life, homeschooling, and a variety of other topics. Her posts radiate artistry and she keeps things very personal. I’m so grateful to be nominated by both of these wonderful ladies, and you definitely have to check them both out! I’ll wait here while you go do that, right now.
Anyways, on to the award!
- Share the award on your blog
- Thank the person that nominated you and link their site.
- Nominate 10 bloggers and let them know that they have been nominated.
- Provide seven facts about you.
Okay, guys, I’m really going to try to tell you seven facts that I haven’t mentioned before.
Facts About Me:
- As a graduation present, my grandmother gave me this jade bangle. I wear it on my right wrist, although it is traditionally supposed to be on your left wrist. There is a belief that the jade will change color and pattern, based on your own self and body. It’s a symbol of love and protection, and when it comes to jade, each person has to wear their own. So I cannot give this bangle to anyone. Not that I would want to.
- I dropped my phone at the 2016 World Series in Wrigley Field, cheering on the Chicago Cubs. The LCD broke, so I went without snapchatting or taking photos the whole night. BUT it was a memorable walk to the Apple Store the next day when everyone had on their cubs gear…and went to fix their broken phones.
- I have super tiny hands! They’re like baby hands!
- Although Kate Spade handbags are my favorite, I will admit that they are hit or miss for me. I end up hating like, 50% of them. Even if I really, really adore the other 50%!
- I love Twitter. I used to be really big on Snapchat and IG, but I’ve calmed down. But I’m always tweeting! Follow me at @unabridgedsass!
- Everyone always asks me what the best pizza I’ve ever had is, since I’m from Chicago. It isn’t Giordano’s or Lou’s, but the pizza pot pie from Chicago Pizza and Oven Grinder Co. The crisp yet chewy crust, the melted cheese and fresh herbs, plus the delicious mushroom and hearty sauce. There is nothing else like it.
- My all-time favorite eye shadow palette is the Tarteist Pro Palette from Tarte. I love all the Tarteist products.
What’s a fun fact about you?