I had already made a bucket list post a little while ago, but I decided that I wanted a “list” that was a little bit more pressing. I’m turning twenty-two in August and the fact that I’m nearing 1/4 of my life has hit me. I’ll be twenty-five in a few years and there are quite a few things I want to do in the next few years.
A twenty-five before twenty-five list is a pretty common blog post idea (so are bucket lists) so I decided that I would share mine. I’ll definitely combine both and turn them into a page that I can cross off and keep track of on the blog! But anyways, here’s….
Twenty-five things I want to do before I turn twenty-five
- Take a spontaneous solo trip, all by myself. (I have always wanted to do this!)
- Write the (e)book of short stories/essays that I’ve always wanted to write. (It’ll probably be a short one… but who knows!)
- Run a 5k. (So many people tell me I can’t… and I will).
- Perfect a recipe for Chicago-style cheese fries. (My all-time favorite food!)
- Live somewhere other than Chicago (or Illinois). (This one is self-explanatory)
- Learn how to code. (Something I always always wanted to do and many have said I cannot).
- Get a MacBook. (I have always wanted one!)
- Fall in love. (It doesn’t have to be with a person, it can be a passion or a hobby).
- Eat at a Michelin rated restaurant. (The ultimate foodie bucket list!)
- Take a class for something fun. (like cooking, pottery, dance…something!)
- Graduate from graduate school. (I can’t wait!)
- Go on a helicopter ride. (But not like the one in Master of None).
- Go on a trip to Vietnam, again. (I have always wanted to go back!)
- Go on a backpacking trip through Europe. (My friend Kevin went for two weeks after he graduated from medical school and it looked so fun!)
- Have a phenomenal clinical year. (And not a Grey’s Anatomy drama-filled one).
- Perfect a recipe my grandmother taught me to make. (Vietnamese cooking is so out of my element).
- Watch the sun rise. (If I can get up).
- Become a board-certified (ASCP) Medical Lab Scientist. (Of course, this has to be on the list!)
- Throw an adult, drama-free, unforgettable Friendsgiving dinner party. (don’t ask about the previous ones).
- Have a beach bonfire. (Something straight out of the movies).
- Give up drinking soda. (I’ve tried so many times before!)
- Take care of a plant without it dying. (In undergrad my boyfriend at the time left me with two cacti when he went to Mexico and I accidentally killed both).
- Learn how to parallel park. (I am so serious about this one).
- Go to a place (coffee shop or something) so often that I’m considered a “regular” and they know my order. (Supporting local businesses and Bucket List dreams!)
- Watch my blog continue to grow into something special. (You didn’t think I could go through this list without something blog-related, did you?)
“Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.”
-Thomas A. Edison
(PS, I am turning 22 soon!)
What are some things you want to do in the next three years? What are your x before x? Or some things on your bucket list?