In some ways, I am a little bit predictable when it comes to my makeup. And in other ways, I’m a little bit unexpected. Although I am always sharing with you guys new products and loves that I discover, there are actually quite a few makeup products that I do not use.
A common misconception is that beauty bloggers have to wear a full face or to use every single product imaginable, but that definitely is not the case! So today, I decided to share with you guys the products I don’t use… and of course the reason I don’t use them!
Everyone’s makeup routine is different and some people don’t use products that I do! And vice versa. But I thought this would be a fun little post!
- Makeup Primer- I religiously wear eyeshadow primer but I have not touched a makeup primer in over a year. Makeup primers tend to make my skin really oily and actually make my foundation slip and slide! I just apply moisturizer in the mornings and make sure my face is clean before applying my foundation. I wear the Estée Lauder Double Wear, which honestly is already long-lasting on its own.
- Concealer- I have not used a concealer in a minute either. What I do is I just apply my foundation like concealer to areas that need a little more coverage (like under my eyes and around my nose!) and after that’s blended in, I apply a light layer of foundation with my beauty blender dupe! (I’m telling y’all… the Estée Lauder Double Wear is that good! I am not sponsored. Honestly I wish I was because that foundation is pricey, even though a little goes a long way!)
- Powder Highlighter- My face gets really oily and highlighter just looks really excessive in my makeup routine. I used to be obsessed with getting a glow and used to use TWO highlighters! I now just do light under-brow highlight with Watt’s Up, for a soft brow lift, and use a dewy setting spray to soften my matte makeup. That “bomb highlight” look just doesn’t work with me!
- Setting powder- Setting powder is something that I’ve found is only necessary if your foundation is slippery or oily. I used to use it but I’ve found that it quickly became an unnecessary step in my makeup routine once I found a foundation that worked for me.
- Eyebrow gel- I used to be a religious eyebrow gel user but I find that clear eyebrow wax paired with light brow powder leaves my brows looking less “crunchy” but more natural and soft! I don’t have to sacrifice my brows staying in place either!
- Color correcting products- I honestly have never found myself needing to use color correcting products, so I have never educated myself on them.
To conclude, essentially when you find a really good foundation you can eliminate a bunch of face products, hahaha. But seriously guys, I learned a little bit too late in my life that just because there’s products out there doesn’t mean that you need them!
Different people have different needs, so find products that work for you!
“All theory, dear friend, is gray, but the golden tree of life springs ever green.”
-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
What makeup products do you guys not use? And what products can you not live without?