I am a lady of simple pleasures. The way a curl looks when you first remove a foam curler. The smell of freshly shampooed hair. Simple cheese plates. Water with lemon. Buying boujie things on super sale.
And of course…..meals that are simple to make but delicious. These mussels are no exception.
I have to credit my cousin Leo for this recipe, as he was the one who made it for our family first…..
I do like my tweaks though….. they make the mussels smokier in taste and a bit more elevated.
(His look prettier but I swear mine taste better!)
Here’s how you make them!
- One package of frozen mussels, they should be already cooked.
- 1/2 cup of mayo
- 1/3 cup of Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 1 1/2 tbs of Sriracha
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, because the mussels are precooked we just want to bake them in the sauce.
- Boil your mussels (this is so they’re clean and we get rid of the gross liquid and dirt), and then remove one shell so they’re in one shell.
- Place on covered baking sheet.
- Mix the mayo, Parmesan cheese, sugar, and Sriracha in a bowl. Add extra ingredients to taste.
- Top your mussels with the sauce (be generous) and bake at 350 until the sauce is bubbly! I like to bake mine until the mussels smell smoky and the sauce is extra bubbly and has darkened!
Garnish if you’re like my cousin, be lazy and eat if you’re me. Bread dipped in the excess sauce tastes yummy too!
This also pairs great with wine!
Until next time,